Is it your first time at JCS for the Holidays? Here are some of the Basics?
- At JCS everyone is welcome. Tickets are encouraged for security purposes. If you do not have a ticket simply call or txt the office at (561) 624-7004. No one will be turned away
- If the parking lot is full you can park in the empty lot located behind the synagogue at 837 Westwind Dr, North Palm Beach, FL 33408 when parking along the street please be mindful of the neighbors and the people living around the Shul
- Enter the synagogue from the East side entrance under the canopy
- Throughout the services feel free to come and go as you please.
- Make yourself comfortable wherever you would like. We do not have assigned seating.
- When coming in and out of the Sanctuary please do so quietly. Don’t forget to leave your cell phone at home.
- In the back of the synagogue, there is coffee, soda, water, and snacks. At any time feel free to grab a snack or drink and go outside or downstairs.
- During the Holidays we do not use the regular blue Prayer book. Instead, we use the red Machzor. We will have them set out on the table when you walk in. Men are encouraged to bring their Tallis. If you do not have one, the synagogue will have one for you.
- During the Holidays we raffle off the honors to the highest bidder and the proceeds are given to charity
- Children’s Programs are downstairs.
- Children are welcome and encouraged to join the services upstairs
- Scroll Below to see a detailed schedule.
- The North Palm Beach Police Department will provide a police car and security throughout the Holidays. Additionally, we have formed our own group in charge of JCS security and special security measures have been put in place to keep everyone safe during the Holidays. If you would like to be part of the security members please call or text Rabbi Leib at (561) 596-0530
Yom Kippur Schedule:
October 4th, 2022:
2:00 pm: Mincha
6:45 pm: Candle Lighting/Fast begins
7:00 pm: Meditation and Kol Nidrei
October 5th, 2022:
10:00 am: Morning Service
11:00am – 1:00pm Children’s Service
12:30pm: Meditation and Yizkor
2:30pm: Conclusion of Morning Service
– BREAK –
7:37pm: Shofar/Fast ends,
7:45pm: followed by some well-deserved refreshments
Available throughout Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur Services. JCA will provide holiday-appropriate crafts, games, and activities so you can properly enjoy the services. Jewish Community Synagogue844 Prosperity Farms Road
North Palm Beach, Fl, 33408 Jewishcomunitysynagogue.com(561)-624-7004